All photography provided by Erin Settergren
Welcome to Christ Memorial Tender Learning Center
Christ Memorial Tender Learning Center is a Christian child care center operated by Christ Memorial Lutheran Church. The center has been in operation since September, 1986. We serve families and their children ages 6 weeks through 5th grade. We offer both full and part-time care. Currently we are licensed to serve 100 children.
We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Children are admitted to TLC regardless of race, religion, sex, or ethnic origin
Our Story and mission
Christ Memorial Lutheran Church established the Tender Learning Center in 1986 to serve its members and the community. In our childcare ministry, Tender Learning Center will provide quality Christian education for all to grow in faith. We will create a climate that is open, caring and accepting of all people. We will support the growth of positive parent/child relationships. And we will provide opportunities to reinforce our relationship with God.
- Faculty includes many teachers with college degrees
- Low staff turnover; average tenure is 10 years
- Flexible schedule meets the needs of working parents
- Safe, fun kid-friendly facility
- Licensed and established in 1986
- Children of all backgrounds welcome, including those with special needs
- Financial assistance accepted (inquire for more information)
- Busing to Sunset Hill Elementary School (Wayzata district)
- Conveniently located with easy access to I394 and I494
- Large indoor activity center. On those days that it is too rainy or cold, kids can have fun and get their blood pumping through a number of activities like playing on the climber, basketball and playing games.
How we have made an impact
- Distinctly Christian education develops children's relationship with Jesus and develops Christ-like character.
- Playgrounds and large indoor play space for year-round physical activity & large muscle development
- Our Pre-K graduates are well-prepared for kindergarden
- TLC is a great place for your child to grow spiritually, physically, emotionally and academically.
- Our secure building is a safe place for your child.
- Caring teachers and staff create an emotionally secure environment.
- We are accredited by NAEYC